On April 15, 2022, International Innovation Center for Aral Sea basin under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan hosted a meeting with a delegation of students studying at French universities, led by ASIE (Association for International Solidarity and International Cooperation). The Association de Solidarité Internationale et d’Education (ASIE) promotes youth exchanges, exchanges of experience in the field of environment and ecology to develop relations between French and Asian youth and:
- Encourage meetings between young people from different countries for openness and exchange of views.
- To acquaint young people with the civilization and society of Asian countries.
- To enable young people from different countries to enrich their personal and professional paths.
- Contribute to the implementation of educational, pedagogical and cultural projects related to the Asian continent.
- Creating, developing and continuing contacts and exchanges with community members in Asian countries.
- Be a resource and monitoring location to raise awareness, support and educate project participants.
- Participation in the financial structure of projects.
During the meeting, an introductory presentation was held on the ongoing projects of the innovation center with international organizations in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, as well as a tour of the IICAS Research and Production Site. At the initiative of our staff, students were invited to make a trip to the coast of the Aral Sea, as well as to the site of the project “My garden in the Aral Sea” (“My garden in the Aral Sea”) and personally plant their trees. It is noteworthy that ASIE (French Association for International Solidarity and Education) has joined the initiative by allocating charitable funds to support this project.